(Morning class: 8.30am-1.30pm or Evening class: 4.00-8.30pm, open every day)
You will be picked up at your hotel and transfer to Bamboo Experience’s venue where you will have an interactive cooking class and ‘bamboo weaving’ exercise, learn about the importance of the ubiquitous bamboo plant to Lao culture. Would you like to see the process of Bamboo weaving and traditional Lao cooking class using bamboo shoot as the main ingredient? Spend half a day in our workshop, it’s located in a local village in Luang Prabang town.
- ‘The Bamboo Experience’, a rustic pavilion modeled on a traditional Lao house, perched in a picturesque setting next to rice fields.
- An introduction to the importance of bamboo to Lao culture and to the use of bamboo in a diverse range of household items found in rural Lao dwellings.
- A relaxing bamboo weaving activity, where you’ll weave a souvenir mat made from strips of the bamboo plant, using a technique which has been practises for centuries.
- A fun, interactive cooking class, using the bamboo plant as a key ingredient; make dishes such as bamboo shoot soup, bamboo shoot steamed in banana leaf, and bamboo shoot dip and more.
- A delicious meal (made by you), and photo opportunities of semi-rural Laos, from the relaxing pavilion terrace.
- Welcome drink
- Presentation of Bamboo and its handicraft products
- Sticky rice pounding in traditional wooden Pestle & Mortar
- Bamboo weaving lesson with local Craftsman
- Traditional cooking class “Using bamboo shoot as the main ingredient”
- Lunch or Dinner in a traditional bamboo tray
- Hmong Khen “bamboo instrument” performance
- Kamu bamboo dancing “Skipping poles”
- Round-trip transfer from/to your hotel in the center of town
- English speaking Instructor/Interpreter
- One meal included either Lunch or Dinner & Drinking water or tea
- All activities as stated as above
- Specialty drinks
Useful information: Wear casual, comfortable shoes (easy to take off)!
*Price per person: 39US$
**We offer a special rate for families and small group!
- Morning visits give you the best chance for the view and photo taking. Evening visits give you a great chance to end your day and prepare your own dinner.
- This workshop pairs well with the excursion to Kuang si waterfalls, please enquire within your email for this arrangement – we will provide the best price possible.
To book the class, click on “Book Now”
Payment is for 1/2 Day bamboo weaving and cooking class
After you received the confirmation by email, please make payment with PayPal button below. It’s a quick, safe & easy way to complete your reservation. Rate is per person and included bank charges!